Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cirque de Soleil

Not too long ago boyfriend and I went and spent a day in LA since we had tickets to the Cirque de Soleil Iris show at night.  We had lunch at Versailles, which I've always wanted to try when I was living in Culver City temporarily a few years ago.  I like Cuban food so this place definitely did not disappoint.  We had some time to kill before dinner so we walked around The Grove, which I haven't been to in maybe three years.  For dinner we went to doughboys, which has been on my list of LA restaurants to eat at.  My sister has told me that this is one of her favorite places to eat at when she comes down to LA.  It was good, but I wouldnt consider it a favorite.  Their red velvet cakes though was a very good size for $5 and was delicious!  There's something about LA that I just love.  Maybe it's the atmosphere, the busy city life, the numerous cafes and places to go and things to see.  Or maybe it's because I live 40 minutes away and don't go very often during the day so when I do, it feels like a fun treat to go.  Either way, I love going to LA.

 

Cirque de Soeil was at the Kodak Theatre, home of the Academy Awards

No comments:

Post a Comment