Thursday, January 12, 2012

Crab Cakes

Over the holidays my mom asked if I wanted to make something for our Christmas party.  I came upon this crab cake recipe and it looked simple enough so I gave it a try.  I also made an aioli sauce to go with the crab cakes and to my surprise, it was a lot easier than I had expected.  I love aioli sauce and never knew it consisted mainly of mayo, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Had I known it was that simple I would've made this sauce more often.  I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the sauce, but I'm sure you can imagine what it looks like. 

1/2 cup of red onion, diced
1/2 cup of celery, diced
1/2 cup of red pepper, minced
2 tablespoons of parsley, diced
1/4 teaspoon tabasco
1 teaspoon of crab boil spice (Old Bay)
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 pound of lump crab meat (canned)
1/4 cup of mayo
1 egg
1 tablespoon of dijon
1 cup panko bread crumbs

2 comments:

  1. Wow those look delicious! I am a huge fan of crab cakes...certainly going to have to try this recipe for the next get-together.

    Mandy
    The Klury Report & Kini Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i will have to try! making your own crab cakes is the best..no skimping on the crab!

    ReplyDelete