Friday, April 13, 2012

Slowly but Surely

I've lived at my current place for about 3 years and I still feel like I haven't completely finished decorating my room.  My tv stand is black and the book shelf next to it is white... so I obviously had to change that.  Instead of buying a whole new shelf I decided to buy $8 black paint from home depot to paint the shelf.  Instead of painting the back of the shelf black too I wanted to use a wallpaper pattern to give it some color.  I've never used wallpaper before but I figured it only comes in big rolls and since I only need a small amount, I opted for scrapbook paper instead.  I bought 14 pieces of 12x12 paper and glued them down to the back of the shelf.  It turned out pretty good but it took me longer than I expected. 


No comments:

Post a Comment