Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dinner is Served

During my last day back home, my sister and I decided to make dinner for our parents at her place.  She chose four recipes out of the Ad Hoc at Home cookbook by Thomas Keller.  I was really excited to try recipes out of this cookbook.  I've heard that many of the recipes are difficult and require ingredients that are hard to find, things that you wouldn't use on a regular bases, but the dishes we made were fairly simple.  I really want to try Thomas Keller's restaurant in Napa Valley but you have to make reservations way ahead of time.  I guess I got a taste of what his cooking is like.  We made beef braised short rib (took 3 hours to cook), crab cake with aioli, mash potatoes, and broccolini with burrata cheese.  Everything came out delicious!  Unfortunately I didn't capture a picture of the short ribs.  I wish I did though because it looked amazing in the pot with all the veggies and juice.

4 comments:

  1. that is so impressive!! everything looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks yummy! I'm a blogger too, it would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete